Most popular tires by vehicle type
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company was founded in 1898 in an abandoned factory on the banks of the Little Cuyahoga River in Akron, Ohio. Originally producing bike and carriage tires, the company added automobile tires to its product line a year later. Goodyear tires have appeared in the Indy 500, on Antarctic expeditions, and even on lunar missions.
Today, Goodyear is the world’s largest tire manufacturer, with sales of nearly $20 billon.
Here are a few milestones from Goodyear’s long history of tire excellence:
- 1899Goodyear starts manufacturing automobile tires
- 1914All the cars in the Indianapolis 500 use Goodyear tires
- 1939Goodyear tires are used on Admiral Byrd’s Antarctic expedition
- 1970Apollo 14 mission – the first tires on the moon are supplied by Goodyear
- 1973Goodyear honored for the nation’s best corporate environmental improvement program
- 1995Goodyear’s 1000th NASCAR Winston Cup victory
- 1996Goodyear introduces the Infinitred – the first tire with a lifetime treadwear warranty
- 2009Forbes Magazine names Goodyear one of America’s most trustworthy companies
Newsweek Magazine names Goodyear one of the Greenest Big Companies in America
What people are saying
Just bought a set and drove the first 300 miles......awesome ride!! Quiet, comfortable, great traction and cornering! Highly recommended!!
- Rich from California
Very dependable, high-quality set of on/off-road tires for my Nissan Titan - exactly what I was looking for. I’m extremely pleased with these tires. They also look fantastic on my truck!
- V.S. from Georgia